Global Leadership Track
The Global Leadership Track is intended for students who have a strong interest in international and global issues. Students will develop their leadership skills through curricular and co-curricular experiences, including Leadership Studies courses, zero credit hour independent study research classes, and internationally-focused service opportunities. This track will encourage students to think about their understanding of leadership, and challenges students to become more globally-minded citizens and leaders.
Students will choose one area of focus:
|Focus Area||Short Description||Track Requirement|
|Community Service||This focus is for students who are interested in contributing locally to organizations focused on international issues.||Submit an entry to the Service Learning Showcase for consideration. Selected students will speak about their project to a panel of judges while presenting a poster that summarizes the service learning experience.|
|Intercultural Competence||This focus is for students who wish to learn about and experience cultures different from their own.||Attend two additional Impact events (must be chosen from Cultural Events, Heritage or History Month events, or another event approved by the Track Coordinator). Students will meet with the Coordinator to discuss specific action steps they will take in the international arena. Independent study students will speak about their experience to the class.|
|Long Term Commitment||This focus is for students who have a strong interest in a long term service commitment in an international environment (Peace Corps, Engineers without Borders, etc.).||Attend the Year of Service Panel (details TBD) or another event approved by Track Coordinator in addition to the required Impact events. Students will research their chosen long term commitment agency and reflect on what they have learned in a 1:1 meeting with the Track Coordinator.|
|Study Abroad||This focus is for students who wish to participate in a study abroad program or any other international learning experience while at UCF.||Attend a “Go Abroad 101” session with Global UCF or another event approved by the Track Coordinator, in addition to the required impact events. Independent study students will speak about their experience to the class.|
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required
- Enroll in LDR 2001, LDR 2002, LDR 2262 or independent study
- Complete a minimum of 15 service hours* (required for all classes)
- Attend Leadership Track Orientation
- Attend at least 2 1:1 meetings with Global Leadership Track Coordinator
- Select 1 Focus Area and complete corresponding Track Requirement
- Attend 2 Impact Events**
- Attend Taste of UCF (Fall only)
- Attend International Fair or Study Abroad Fair (Fall only)
- Attend Global Leadership Summit (Spring only)
* Each student will be required to complete a minimum of 15 service hours with identified agencies. Hours must be documented by an agency representative, and students must complete the Service Verification Form to receive credit. Students must complete their service hours with an agency or agencies that are directly related to international or global issues.
** Impact events must be chosen from International Education Weekprograms (Fall) or from Leadership Week programs or other internationally-focused events (Spring).
To apply for this program, please click here.