Take advantage of the opportunity to join other LEAD Scholars and LEAD staff in this leadership and community building experience! This hands-on event includes a two-day program at the Warren Willis Retreat Center in Leesburg, Florida. This will be a very interactive leadership development experience (including a low ropes course experience), so bring your enthusiasm and ideas!
The purpose of this retreat is to allow LEAD Scholars to build a community, to network with peers prior to classes starting, and to begin enhancing your team building and leadership skills. The retreat registration fills up quickly! We will also have a waiting list in the event that participants cancel. The final deadline is below, but you may contact our office after this date to inquire if spaces are still available. The retreat cost includes all transportation, meals, and activities but does not include the early move-in fee.
Early Move-In Information
How to Submit an Early Move-in Request for UCF housing
- You must have a fall room assignment in order to request early move-in.
- Log into the Housing Portal by navigating to Student Self Service > Housing > Housing Portal.
- Click on the “Fall 2019 Early Move-In Request” on the right.
- Read the important information.
- Select your desired early move-in day on the drop-down “Request Day” field on the Early Move-In Request Form.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive an email confirming your request has been received.
|Friday, August 23-Sunday, August 25, 2019- Main Campus|
All UCF students and UCF student Organizations looking to assist during move-in as a Move-In Ambassador must:
- Successfully complete the Move-In Ambassador WebCourses module
- Fill out and submit a liability waiver (link to form can be found in the WebCourses module)
Ambassador’s tasks include unloading cars, moving items, giving directions, and providing refreshments. Benefits include: early move-in, meeting new people on campus, welcoming new and returning students to campus, and taking advantage of the full UCF experience!
Early move in fee waivers will be issued and credited to student accounts approximately 1 week after move-in weekend has occurred. To receive an early move-in waiver fee, the MIA must have completed all the expectations required of a Move-In Ambassador (see below).
- Work two (2) shifts throughout the three (3) day move-in period. Each shift is four (4) hours, for a total of eight (8) required hours.
- Complete the WebCourses training
- Fill out and submit a liability waiver
- If a UCF student and under 18, you must also fill out and submit the ‘Volunteer Service Agreement for Volunteers Under the Age of 18’ form which can be found on the WebCourses module
- Sign in and out of every shift during move-in
Scheduling – UCF Students
Due to the large volume of volunteers that must be scheduled, shift selection is first come, first served via our scheduling system. If you do not see a shift available in your first choice community, please look at other communities.
You will receive a confirmation email from the scheduling system once you have successfully signed up for a shift. This email will serve as your MIA program enrollment confirmation. You will not receive any additional confirmation emails regarding your enrollment in the program.
- All communities will have the same 3 shift time frames however, the number of shifts available at each location will differ based on the needs of the community. The 3 time frames available are:
- When selecting your availability, please keep in mind the following:
- Do not pick overlapping shift times
- Do not pick back-to-back shifts (e.g., You may not pick to work on 5/1/19 from 7:30am-11:30am and then again from 11:00-3:00pm
- Do not pick two (2) shifts on the same date and time, but at different tents (i.e., You may not pick to work on 5/1/19 at 11am in tent 1 and also sign up to work on 5/1/19 at 11am in tent 3)
- Shift changes can be made online up until Thursday, August 15th at 12:00pm. No further shift changes can be made after this time.
- You must work at the Information Tent that you are assigned to and cannot change locations during your shift.
- You must sign up for shifts online via the Housing Portal once you complete the module
- Go to www.My.ucf.edu > Student Self Service > Housing > Housing Portal > Move-in Ambassador
Sorority Recruitment Information
If you choose to participate in both the REEL Retreat and Sorority Recruitment (TBD), please note that you will miss two event rounds related to the recruitment process that will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday.
All sororities will receive a list of LEAD Scholars participating in the REEL Retreat to inform them of your excused absence prior to the beginning of sorority recruitment. First, you need to register for Panhellenic recruitment. Then, you need to email the VP of External Recruitment at email@example.com with the subject heading as “Pan Knight Line-Up.” In the email, please provide your first and last name, the organization or activity you are involved in (i.e. Band, RA, LEAD scholar, etc.) and what days you will be missing for Formal Recruitment. If you have any questions, please call Fraternity and Sorority Life (407) 823-2072.
Please contact Fraternity and Sorority Life for more information. There is no guarantee that a chapter will invite a student who does not attend the rounds on Tuesday and Wednesday to subsequent rounds. Please see the Panhellenic Council website for a more detailed view of the sorority recruitment schedule.